domingo, junio 25, 2006

Whoops, knife slipped!!


Well, I had a bit of a knife accident on Thursday morning...we weren´t going to leave for Tegus until like 11, so a couple of us decided that it would be nice to make cinnamon rolls...we had some of the canned dough kind in the freezer, which was a bit odd, but whatever...so, of course, when we got the can open, they were all frozen together, so I started cutting them apart...in our apartment we have no butter knives, only sharp ones...so, I got them all apart except for the last two, and since I was hungry and in a rush, I didn´t re-adjust my fingers, and slash!!! I lost part of my left index finger...it´s not really as bad as all that, but I did cut off about the upper right quarter of my fingernail and good chunk off the side/tip of my finger...a couple of us looked at it and decided that it was just a big chunk of skin, so no real damage done.....it was really bleeding a lot and blood was running all the way down my arm, so I held a washcloth on it and elevated it and after about half an hour, the bleeding stopped, and we bandaged it up..it was really hurting so I took a super large dose of motrin....when we got to Tegus, I hit it really hard on a plastic tub and it started bleeding again, so I re-bandaged it...as of right now, the chunk is in place, I didn´t completely cut it off, and the fingernail piece is still there too...I´ve been told that the finger will re-attach and the fingernail bit will eventually fall off, so we´ll see what happens..I guess I´ll just have a nasty looking finger for a while, but it´s mostly still usable...

2 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Hey Emily,

It's me Rocio and I just wanted to let you that I have been reading your postings and I have enjoyed them. I also wanted to let you know that Alissa called me this morning to let me that Kelly Accettullli from work passed away last night and she wanted for me to pass the information on to you. Check your work email for any updates. If you have any questions email me at work. I hope you are having fun and maybe we can get together when you get back.

Anónimo dijo...

Hey Emily,

I am sorry to hear about your finger. I hope it starts to feel better. Rocio