domingo, junio 04, 2006

Honduran Arrival: A Success

Well, I made it. I survived the flights, and a 2 hour layover in Miami. While in Miami I ran into my dear engaged friends Bethany and Nathan.
We arrived in Tegucigalpa without a hitch....all bags and people made it through customs and immigration. We had a fun 2 hour ride to our destination town...there wasn't enough room in the truck, so Nathan and two other interns had to ride in the back of the truck...it's rainy season down here...so I guess you can figure out what happened....It poured for probably like an hour...man, those guys were soaked!! Everyone seemed so concerned, so I kept my laughter on the inside, I didn't wanna be the mean girl. It was funny...and all our suitcases got soaked!! But, they eventually dried out, so it was cool....
I met the other interns, they're all nice so far, but we'll see as time goes on.....
I'm sharing a room with Bethany, we have another roommate arriving next week. Hopefully she won't get on my nerves, I hear that she's a teacher too.
I had some beans today. They were awesome!!! They were a type of refried-black beans. I ate some on a tortilla, and some by fork.
I had fun playing with Sol today....we pretended to call Tia Boo on Sol's flip flop, it was way fun getting to talk to my friend through a little kid's nasty shoe. By the way, Becca, Sol's face lit up when I told her that Tia Boo was calling on the flip flop. And, I gave Jarrod their presents this morning.
That's all for now, we are about to go grocery shopping, yay fun!!!
It's really pretty and green here, and rocky and awesome.

2 comentarios:

Rebecca dijo...

ooooh, soli!!!!!!! i miss her sooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!! if you're bored in the office, ask them what you can do! i have spent many a boring day in the office actually doing boring stuff to help out.

Anónimo dijo...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»