domingo, junio 25, 2006

Protest in Tegus

On Thursday when we were checking into the Marriott in Tegucigalpa, there was a huge protest..all of the government city workers were on strike and were marching in protest...being curious, I went outside to see what was going on, and I saw a TV camera man, and was like, oh cool, this is on TV...so, being the tourist that I am, I pulled out my camera and took a few pictures, then I turn my head, and the camera man is standing right behind me videoing me...I get a little excited/freaked out and move so that the guy isn´t right behind me, and he followed me!! It was crazy...I guess that I made it on TV, they were shooting live, but I wasn´t watching TV, so I don´t really know...then Heath came out and had the brilliant idea that I should march with the protest so that he could take my picture...so, I walk out in the street, and all the people started cheering for me!! Heath took my picture, then I left the protest, but it was really exciting!!! And, we went shopping and I bought a Honduran flag.

2 comentarios:

Rebecca dijo...

good idea em, to go out and join a protest when you dont know what they're protesting, when there is a tv camera taping.... hhhmmmm.

Mad Rappin EW dijo...

Lol. That's one of the most hilarious stories I ever heard. Keep on the protesting! We have missed you in our Thursday night Bible study. I won't catch you when you come back since I'll be gone in N'awlins but I'll see you when I'll see you.