lunes, junio 04, 2007

Well, I just finished my first weekend and first day at school. So, the weekend was kinda boring. Friday night, Jake came over and made pizzas - they were yummy, it was just unfortunate that we didn´t get to eat until like 8 and we were all starving. Saturday we did absolutely nothing. The plan was to go swimming at Tres Pilas but it was cloudy and raining so that didn´t really work out. Saturday night we ate some really yummy, cheap Chinese food. Yes, it was yummy, even to me who doesn´t eat Chinese food.
Sunday was a bit more exciting. First of all, as part of my teaching Spanish to the interns, we are having Spanish Sunday every Sunday, which means that on Sundays absolutely no English is to be spoken, only Spanish. That made the day pretty fun, and everybody had a pretty good attitude, except for one, but I´m sure that things will be better by next week:) In addition to that, we started out the morning with horseback riding, which was pretty fun, it´s just a shame that I didn´t think to put any sunscreen on, as now my arms and face are now a nice shade of rouge. We went to church in the afternoon, and then to a place to eat some yummy hamburgers.
Today was a school day. I like school, I guess that´s why I´m a teacher. The kids are tons of fun to play with, and they love to tug and pull on us....sometimes it´s a bit much, but it´s cool that they are so excited for us to be there to help them. No real exciting stories there yet, but I´ll try to stage something tomorrow.
¡Hasta la vista!

3 comentarios:

Unknown dijo...

So, Super jueves has turned into Super domingo! That is fun, though. I am sure the stubborn student will come around (inside, I am that stubborn student and I always came around). :)

Sounds like you are still enjoying your time there. Seems that you have some really great people to pass the time with, even if that is all there is to do. People make all of the difference. Hope your sunburn doesn't hurt too much...

Let me know if you ever cook up some of those frogs you were talking about previously... Are you sure you aren't in France... ;)

Unknown dijo...

I finished reading an older blog. I know a lot about existentialism, if you're interested in talking about it. See my comment for that blog for more info.

Rebecca dijo...

funny you should say you like school... hehe, i remember you skipping an awful lot of classes in college. :)