viernes, junio 15, 2007

Well, another week has come and gone, only 6 more. It's hard to believe the way in which time passes here. Things here move pretty slowly, and it's amazing the speed at which hours can pass and you have no idea where they've gone.


This is Glenda. She is in 3rd grade, and is simply precious. Glenda has trouble recognizing her numbers, so I've been working with her one on one, and some days I actually feel like we're making some progress. Hopefully by the end of the summer, Glenda will know her numbers backwards and forwards....Don't you just love those big brown eyes??

This is going to be the first home at Refugio Mision Lazaro. Ten children, along with 2 tias will be living in this house. It's not all the way completed, but they're working on it, and if I understand correctly, there will be children living here hopefully by the end of the summer!!

Well, due to lack of transportation, I did my first bout of hitchiking yesterday. It was really exciting....I had never done that sort of thing before. Two other interns and I stood out in the street, waved a truck down, told him where we were going, and hopped in the back. Unfortunately, the tire that I chose to sit on was wet, so I had a wet bottom for most of the morning. We arrived in San Marcos safely, ready to "pedir jalon" again next week!!


Last Saturday morning, as I sat in a rocking chair on our front porch, I looked to my right, and what did I see? Well, I saw this horse, with a huge tree limb tied to its tail, being forced to ride around in circles, doing what I can only assume was plowing. As a non-animal lover, even I felt bad for this horse and his pulled tail.

2 comentarios:

Unknown dijo...

Great entry! There were lots of pictures (is that mule/donkey really having to use its tail to pull the tree?!?). I enjoyed the text. That little girl looks sweet but she has a twinkle of mischief in her eyes. Does she get distracted during lessons? ;)
Hope the weeks aren't dragging for you. I know you are enjoying it, though. I look forward to the next entry!

Rebecca dijo...

was the horse on the mission lazarus property? i mean what the crap!? if it is, then jarrod needs to talk to someone.