viernes, junio 01, 2007

Honduras

Well, I arrived in Honduras on Tuesday and it's exactly like I remember it yet completely different. This country is the most beautiful place that I have ever soon, it's so green and so beautiful, and the people just make it that much more special. I am so happy to be back here and I think it's gonna be a great summer!!
I did my first batch of Spanish lessons with the interns yesterday, and it went really well. I was very impressed with their knowledge, and I think we're gonna have a lot of fun, I just hope that I don't run out of things to teach them - some of them seem to know as much or more than I do!!
We are staying at a house on the ranch, literally out in the middle of nowhere, which is cool, until you start thinking about all of those scary movies out there about people staying out in the middle of nowhere. There are these giant toads that come up on our porch every night, and I'm talking huge, and they have really big poop. There's one intern who's gonna teach us how to "gig" the frogs - meaning kill, clean, cook, and eat them. I'm kind of excited.
Wednesday night I was reunited with my favorite beans - the red refried beans out of bag. I think maybe that's the real reason I came back :)
No real exciting stories so far, but I'll be back...

1 comentario:

Unknown dijo...

I am so happy that Honduras is as good or better than you remembered it! I hope that your experiences turn out to be as exciting as you anticipate them to be! It sounds like you are well on your way! Enjoy those beans!