domingo, abril 01, 2007

Friendship

I hate that how sometimes the best things in life are also the hardest, most painful things in life. But, I guess that's the way that it has to be so that you appreciate it when it's good. Being a true friend is hard. Way harder than I ever thought that it could be...and just when I think that I've been a friend to someone at rock bottom, it seems that God always takes it one step further. I love my friends, and I would do anything for them, and I think that I am a very, caring, selfless person - I am good at being a friend, when I want to be. But it's hard. It's hard being there when you'd rather be anywhere else in the world. I think that it's hard because I know that I am voluntarily putting myself in a sad, depressing, painful situation. It hurts to watch someone that you love feel pain and sadness - in a lot of ways I think that it's worse than feeling the pain and sadness yourself. There are days when it would be easier to say "Screw it, I don't need friends"...but then what happens when I need someone?? You have to be a friend to have a friend...When it gets hard, I just try to think about how awesome it is to be going through something painful and to have someone else to share the burden with - it makes a world of difference just to know that someone cares. I like being cared about, and I also like caring about other people. I've had a hard day, but it was a good day. I spend a good day with a friend going through a hard time. And I thank God that I have a good enough friend to have had such a hard day.

1 comentario:

Rachel dijo...

I like this.
I will always be your friend!